Do I need Fibre Broadband?
No matter what your internet requirements, UFB or Ultrafast Fibre Broadband should certainly be considered if you can get it at your property. It IS the future of communication in New Zealand and the government has invested billions of dollars in making us better connected. It future proofs your property, increases property value and resell value and is particularly worth considering if you fall into any of the following criteria:
1. Have a large family or shared house which often has several people using the internet at the same time.
2. Have lots of connected devices. These could be laptops, tablets, mobiles or smart phones, consoles, smart TV’s etc
3. Regularly download movies, music or TV to watch offline or save
4. Use film or TV streaming sites like Netflix, Neon, Lightbox or SKY GO
5. Watch online streaming services in high-definition (HD)
6. Download and play video games that require an internet connection for gameplay
7. You currently have ADSL or VDSL broadband, and find that you are having problems or speed issues meaning that it just isn't fast enough for your needs
If a one or more of the above apply to you, then you should definitely look at switching to a new fibre broadband plan. The higher the download speed in the fibre broadband plan, the smoother these activities are likely to be.
However, if you live by yourself or in a couple who use the same device or watch the same shows, or you just use the internet for light web-browsing (news sites, TradeMe etc), social media (Facebook, Instagram) and email, for example, it may be worth considering cheaper broadband plans.
Either way, make sure that you use a service like Broadband Compare to do your homework before you make a decision in order to help you to weigh up your options before signing up to get a good idea of what you need and then compare broadband deals to find the perfect balance between speed and affordability.
And don't forget to speak to us regards getting the best connection from your broadband to your home network. Quality equipment and an expert setup makes all the difference.
Call us on 0800 123 485